Popular Posts

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Let’s plays[LP]


Cat Let's Player on the Moon


Hi it’s me Emery. I’m back and I’m doing my own thing on let’s plays. A let’s play is where a person posts a video of them and/or other people playing a game. The game doesn’t have to have a “story line” type game, it can be a game like Minecraft where you roam a virtual world and do whatever you want to do. For example, build a house. There will be a link to one of my favorite let’s players in this blog.

According to Game Informer, people want three main things out of a let’s play. It doesn’t have to be all three. One is the person/people playing a game. You can hate the game and still love the LP because of the person’s humor and them interacting with the other people. The second is the game itself. You could have already beaten the game and you want to “re-live” the moment. The final part is the info. You could be stuck on a boss and need to see how to beat it.

Parents it is ok for a kid to watch these. It is like watching TV really. Though, the player may use cuss words. Here is the link to one of my favorite let's players playing a version of Minecraft where you try to be the first to reach the moon. 

Jackie's comments: If you haven't seen a Let's Play, you've probably heard one erupting from your mobile device if you've let your child borrow it recently. I haven't exactly seen an entire one, but I can recognize the sound of a LP from one hundred feet away. Emery's right--they are hilarious and rather harmless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment